Saturday, April 10, 2010

Girl on Book Action: Reader's Choice Poll #3

Candidates for Reader’s Choice Poll #3

As with the last poll, I’ll be writing a short little paragraph about each book. Please take this opportunity to tell me what to do and cast a vote!

The Portrait of a Lady – Henry James

We’ll start with the “fiction and literature” pick. This time we have a piece of American fiction, which I picked up on a whim at the bookstore the other day. I know nothing about it, really, aside from what I read on the back cover.

Monster Island: A Zombie Novel – David Wellington

And this would be our “fantasy / horror / sci-fi” selection. If you recall, I reviewed David Wellington’s newest novel Frostbite in January. Monster Island is the first part in a trilogy about zombies that he wrote. That seems pretty straight forward, right?

The Red Tent – Anita Diamant

Last, but certainly not least, we have the “re-read” selection. This book is an elaboration of the life and story of Dinah, who appears briefly in the Bible. I read this first some years ago and found that it was deeply moving in the way in gives a voice to a female character who is nothing more than a sidenote in the Book of Genesis.

No comments:

Post a Comment