Thursday, July 8, 2010

Johnny Depp - The Man That Time Forgot


Inspired by Wren's & Doomwench's "Dorian Gray" reviews, I decided to write up a little something about a man who surely has a decrepit portrait of himself hidden in an attic somewhere, Mr. Johnny Depp.


Where you know him from:

1) 21 Jump Street
2) Edward Scissorhands, Willa Wonka, Alice in Wonderland, and other movies where he gets to dress up like a weirdo
3) Those damn pirate movies




Why I think he's dreamy:

Seriously, just look at him. I've had a crush on this man since 1984, when he got turned into a fountain of blood in the first Nightmare on Elm Street movie.


Proof that he has hardly aged in the last 25 years:

Photobucket


I DARE YOU to try and put those photos in chronological order.



Recommended viewing:


Since you have no doubt seen quite a few of Johnny's films, I'll try and concentrate of some of the "smaller" movies. One of my favorite early roles of Mr. Depp's is John Water's "Cry-Baby". There is a cute boy and singing. I don't really need much more in a movie to make me happy. I also adore "Benny & Joon, which starred our boy as a charmingly Buston-Keaton-obsessed looney-bird, and taught me how to make grilled cheese sandwiches using an iron. He is simply delicious in Chocolat, a fun little romantic film if you're in the mood for something sweet and fluffy. You may also, if you have not yet seen it, want to check out Finding Neverland, which makes you want to hug Sir James Barrie, although I don't think he was quite that adorable in real life.


Summation:

Johnny Depp will surely continue to dress up as a pirate or mass-murderer or other crazy character for years to come. Under all the makeup, he is still the same sweet-looking man with just enough of a bad-boy glint in his eye that caught my eye when he was just a young man. Check your DVD collection... if you don't have at least one movie starring Mr. Depp, you probably don't have a very good DVD collection.


No comments:

Post a Comment